charming

2.15.2011

daytrippers

hello, darlings! this Friday, Derek and I decided to take the day off and get out of here for a while. we traveled to Asheville, North Carolina. For the international readers, Asheville is a city about an hour away that I try to visit at least once a month. It is undoubtedly one of the most unique cities you'll find, hence, why it feels like home to me. My dream is to relocate there as soon as possible-but that's another story for another day!

I'm not one for taking pictures, especially in a city where I visit frequently. but for blogging purposes, I decided to snap a few to remember the journey and to post for you all to see!

We started with a trip to Urban Outfitters (swoon). I picked out my Valentine's Day present!




I also got a new iPhone cover. I think it's pretty cute...



Whenever we go, we try to eat somewhere new. This trip, we decided to try Bier Garten. 



Have you ever heard of the Chocolate Fetish? More or less, it's heaven on earth.


Trouble.


Bigger trouble. 

Next door is my favorite art supplies store in the world. We had fun testing out the water color crayons. 


Wall Street-my absolute favorite strip of city land. Everything about this place is charming; all of the buildings are dissimilar, the sidewalks are cobblestone, there's a giant iron on one side of the street and a 12 1/2 Wall Street exists!





Right before you come up to Lexington Avenue, there's an alleyway with fantastic outdoor artwork. 




We camped out in World Coffee Cafe on Battery Park Avenue for a good hour for sketching, lattes, and a man telling everyone "it will never be like 1971 again!" Heard that. 



He he. It looks like he's admiring the drawing. 

I love street music. Let me reiterate: I LOVE IT, and these guys only added fuel to my fire. They go by "Blind Chocolate and the Meik Sheik." They were amazing!


But all good things must come to an end, and so did our amazing day away. But not before we stopped to watch the sunset over the mountains on the way home. 


Pit stop with a lollipop

Not only was this a wonderful escape, it also plays into the happiness project: love. Remember to spend time with the ones you love the most, friends.

Happy belated Valentine's Day!