charming

4.13.2011

style inspriation: margot tenenbaum

One of my all time favorite movies-in the top 3, in fact-is The Royal Tenenbaums, directed by my most beloved film directors of all time, Wes Anderson.



I adore Gwyneth Paltrow's character, Margot. Something about her monotone and blunt nature is fascinating to me. Not to mention the juxtaposition with her child-like style (which never evolves with age) with adult demeanor and problems. Everything about her is genius. But anyways! I wanted to showcase her style. So I will do just that. 


Lacoste tennis dress, fur coat, pink gloves, and a little girl's hair clip. It follows no trends, but that's what is so charming about it. 



The website, Cherry Blossom Girl , has a phenomenal article on her style and is where I found the following items:


Margot as a young playwright... 


She did a wonderful job putting the outfits together. Applause!