charming

4.25.2011

whitney wonka and the chocolate factory

j'adore la chocolat. This is a known fact. So I persuaded Derek to venture with me to a small town in east Tennessee, Jonesborough, to visit a chocolate shop known as Earth & Sky Confections. 



The chocolate shop itself is a beauty. The downtown strip consists of old brick buildings, and nestled in one of these is Earth & Sky. The shop is small, with exposed brick and the candies on display like jewels under glass and light. Take a look: 


passion fruit on the left, peanut butter & jelly on the right


an upclose; they look like big marbles!


kahlua and salted caramel 


mint and honey lavender

Let me go ahead and tell you, darlings, the chocolate is unimaginably over-the-moon heart stopping phenomenal.


clearly enjoying some salted caramel

Not only are the chocolates delicious and beautiful, they're reasonable priced! Which is always a pleasure to my frugal side. 

So, next up, Derek tried the honey lavender chocolate. This can go one of two ways....


does he like it...?


...yes! 

Earth & Sky is operated by a couple of lovely people named Chris and Laura. They clearly have a passion and talent for what they do, and I (and my tastebuds) thank them greatly for it! I will take time to venture back there as soon as possible. Here are some shots of their handiwork (not taken from my iPhone, heehee):


aren't they gorgeous? almost too pretty to eat...almost

Please investigate their website here. Bravo, Earth & Sky! You have made me a true fan of artisian chocolates!

au revoir, mes amies!