charming

10.29.2012

iPhone diary- weekend edition

 
this weekend was sure a busy one. 
 
Andrew's band played a mini-show, where I met this darling little five year old (above.) She officially declared me as her best friend.
 
Favorite season is in full swing.
 
 
On Sunday, we trekked a few hours westward for his neice's birthday party. (Also: you see that giant stuffed rabbit staring menacingly at me from the back seat? Some bunny is watching you...)
 
 
Hanging with the family. I'm clutching a waterbottle because it was actually warmer than the air outside. It's using your resources.
 
 
And THIS, my friends, is the world's hottest pepper. Named Bhut Jolokia, aka "The Ghost Chile," it is a native of India and has been officially deemed the world's hottest pepper by the Guinness Book of World Records. Andrew's brother came across some and let us take one home. We've watched many YouTube videos to see the reactions, and let me tell you, they are scary. Terrifying, even. But we tasted small, microscopic slivers of the skin and you FEEL it! Apparently, the burn intensifies as time goes on, and lasts for over an hour. We're going to try big-boy bites soon. I'll provide you with plenty of documentation of the hilarity (and horror) when Whitney & Andrew take the ghost chile challenge!
 
Are we insane?
 
Probably.