charming

1.07.2011

mgmt daytrotter session

Good afternoon, friends! Now, for those of you that know me, you know I love MGMT. And for those of you that don't, you'll certainly pick up on it quickly. So I was ecstatic (to say the least) when I heard about their Daytrotter session, and even more ecstatic when I learned they recorded in October 2010, during Moogfest in Asheville - where I was in attendance!

The download includes "Song for Dan Treacy," "It's Working," and "I Found a Whistle," all from Congratulations, and "Only a Shadow," which they covered (originally by The Cleaners from Venus) and played live for the first time at Moog. The essay, written by Sean Moeller, both eloquent and wonderful, praises MGMT and is by far my favorite article written about them.



You can download these songs for free and read the fantastic article here. The bands record specifically for Daytrotter, and comes at no loss to the band. 

Enjoy!