charming

1.27.2011

winter-vention

One of my New Year's vows is to blog consistently...and I feel like I've done just the opposite! My apologies, friends. I'll try and do better.

We're in the middle of winter, and though I love snow, I'm ready for spring time. It's time for a winter-vention!



Flower infusion - Starting January 25th through May 31st, artist Will Ryman will launch displays of giant roses on Park avenue. Exactly what we need in the midst of this dreary winter. See more at the Paul Kasmin Gallery .

Scents of spring - Currently, there are 4 Wallflowers (Bath & Body Works)in our humble room-all of which are winter-y (Winter Candy Apple, 'Tis the Season, Spiced Cider, etc.) I say it's time to do a Wallflower overhaul!

Sweet Pea is my favorite springtime scent. I'd like to try some new ones, though, like Fresh Linen, Passion Flower, and Pineapple Orchid. 

Shades of Glory - Hopefully you'll appreciate the movie wordplay (hehe). I've craved these sunglasses from Target for almost a year now, and I finally gave into my desire and bought them! I couldn't find them anywhere online, so I had Lindsay snap a picture of me wearing them. The candid one turned out best-


mmm. caught mid-sip. 

 So never mind the fact that it's 20 degrees outside, let's get spring here, and get it here quickly!

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant..." -Anne Bradstreet