charming

3.12.2011

a lesson in positivity

Over the past month, I've been job shadowing at a local hospital for my major. I will be completely honest with you, it's hard to tackle my March Happiness Project goals in the ER. It's a struggle trying to pull two positives out of every negative in a place like a hospital. That is, until I had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Archer. Upon walking into her room, she was already smiling and waved as we walked in. During her procedure she had absolutely no complaints and instead talked about how lovely a day it was (despite the fact we were in the middle of a torrential downpour). It was humbling to be around someone so positive in a situation that was anything but. I decided at that moment to be like Ms. Archer. Take those negatives and don't give them permission to upset you. See all the positives and be grateful.

Au Revoir, mes amies.