charming

3.29.2011

things i love thursday

Happy Thursday, friends! Despite the sudden cold snap, it is awfully beautiful outside. Soak it up!

I'm in an incredibly chipper mood today, so I feel like I have a surplus of things I love today. No dilly-dallying-isn't that a splendid phrase?-I'll get right to it.

An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin. I'm halfway in the novel and already I'm crazy over the quiet protagonist, Daniel, and his eccentric female counterpart, Lacey. It's centered around the art & auctioning world in New York City in the 90's. Art and art dealings? Is it any wonder I adore this book? I'll do a review post as soon as I finish reading.



Going veggie-Mmhmm, you read right folks, I am embarking on a vegetarian lifestyle. This isn't a foreign lifestyle-I was a vegetarian for years and grew up with a vegetarian in the house. It's been a few weeks now and I love the decision. Keep in mind, though, maintain your protein if you make the choice to cut out meat. Junk food vegetarianism is easy to fall into!

Gala Darling- "The Playgirl's Guide to Radical Self-Love" is the happiest, most bubbly, magical, bright, splashy, and necessary website I've experienced. Please investigate for yourself here. This is where the original "Things I Love Thursday" was born. Do yourself a favor and check out "100 Things To Do When You're Upset" immediately.





More things I love...

Waking up earlier (by choice!) / working in a bookstore / Tate Modern's new gallery series / the new roommmate-a pink cactus! / Chai Lattes with a spice shot-kiddos, I'm on a chai high. My body is probably on a chai overload, but I can't stop drinking them. A co-worker of mine, while making one for me, suggested a shot of gingerbread, the secret "spice shot" recipe from a coffee shop in Portland. And let me tell you, it is delicious beyond comprehension / MAC Paint Pot in "Painterly" / Getting dolled up for no reason in particular / Studying postmodernism / Spending exorbitant amounts of time in the art building on campus /



Browsing greenhouses / Older couples, rallying proof that chivalry isn't dead / Off-the-shoulder shirts one-shoulder dresses / Citrus anything / Free trade whole coffee beans / Hydrangeas / Aviator glasses / My mom's upcoming trip to Italy! Primo! / Realizing I'm almost done with my second year of college. Mazel Tov!

That's enough for now, darlings. 
Bon soir!