charming

3.30.2011

the rainy day playlist

Up and at 'em, bright and early this morning, loves! Okay, not a particularly bright morning, but early, nonetheless. It's a particularly rainy, gray, and chilly March morning and though I'm not doing cartwheels over this, I'm certainly not going to get in a sour mood. The sky can dampen my raincoat but it can't dampen my spirits!


Whenever I'm in the midst of a rain parade, one mechanism that helps me stay bright is listening to a rainy day playlist. Here's one a came up with today: 

"Sunshine Jam" Playlist: 

1. "Everlasting Light" - The Black Keys
2. "Hotwax" - Beck
3. "Trampled Underfoot" - Led Zeppelin 
4. "You Don't Know What Love Is" - The White Stripes 
5. "Mary" - Jimi Hendrix 
6. "Howlin' For You" - The Black Keys 
7. "Give it away" - The Red Hot Chili Peppers

You may find yourself asking, "Why these songs? And why these songs on a day like today?" Typically, people associate rain with negativity, sadness, or being downright sluggish. Who wants songs that only add to that feeling? Not me! I wanted to combat this melancholy nonsense with a playlist overpowered with electric riffs, blues influences, and a deep, noticeable bass line. Pay no mind to the clouds! Put on some shades and feel funky.

What about you, friends? What songs do you crave on a rainy day?

Down came the rain and washed the spider out!